- What is HDU material ? -
HDU stands for High Density Urethane. It is a synthetic material commonly used in many exterior architectural features and signage.
- Impervious to the elements .
- Superior longevity when coat/painted.
- Consistent texture, resulting in more homogenous carving .
- Pest-proof .
- Very stable in any weather.
- Relatively light.
- To achieve a more natural wood appearance, texturing can be added.
- Better for hot climats.
Standard screws and nails can be used to mount and secure the signs on any surfaces
Slightly more expensive than wood, it is still a better choice for outdoor applications.